Our Museum is open Sundays and Wednesdays 1:00 – 4:00 P.M.
June 11th through September 24th
Admission to the museum is free.
Click here for directions
Donations greatly appreciated.
The Swift River Valley Historical Society (SRVHS) was incorporated in 1962 to be the historical society for the four Massachusetts towns of Dana, Enfield, Greenwich and Prescott. The towns were officially disincorporated on April 28, 1938 as construction of the Winsor Dam and Goodnough Dike began. All buildings, graves and residents were gone, leaving stone walls and shade trees in some places, but devastation everywhere else.
Located in the village of North New Salem, Massachusetts, the museum complex is filled with memorabilia from the four towns, telling us stories of life in the Swift River Valley before the Quabbin.
The organization is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization relying on friends and members to support its stewardship. Gifts and financial support from the society’s membership and other donors is critical to its mission.